- R. Ryan Morris:
- Ryan graduated from the University of Florida in 2010.
- His professional background is in Civil & Environmental Engineering. He worked in the land development consulting industry for 7 years on public and private land-based projects. He specialized in site analysis and the design of earthworks, stormwater management systems, water distribution systems and sanitary sewer systems. He also gained experience with sub-surface soil laboratory testing and analysis (ASTM/AASHTO), construction management services, hydrological & hydraulic stormwater modeling, stormwater quality treatment, impaired waterbody analysis, AutoCAD Civil 3D modeling and environmental permitting.
- He gained a Permaculture Design Certificate in 2016 through Grow Permaculture where he learned about agroecology, regenerative agriculture, agroforestry, sustainable gardening, permaculture principles and ethics.
- He gained vocational training in Natural Building at Red Earth Farms and Dancing Rabbit Ecovillage beginning in 2017. He worked on the construction of a Yurt platform with black locust pile foundations. He also served as the project manager for the renovation of an existing timber frame home. This project consisted of installing railroad tie stem walls with gravel foundation, strawbale walls, exterior lime plaster and interior earthen plaster.
- He works with the Center for Sustainable and Cooperative Culture as a contractor for program coordination and leading workshops on permaculture, communication and transformation.
- Heartland Permaculture facebook page
- Ecoliteracy is the ability to understand the natural systems that make life on earth possible.
- Regenerative Design
- Water Cycle, biotic pump
- Carbon Cycle
- Ocean Acidification
- Species Extinction, biodiversity
- Resource Depletion, top soil, fish, forests, copper, petroleum, natural gas, water,
- Local Food movement